Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal



Now that the days are getting cooler, I prefer something warm to eat in the morning. I have returned to my old favorite breakfast food: oatmeal! Even though I have traded in my cold yogurt for some warm oatmeal, I still haven't gotten rid of my other breakfast staple: bananas!

For this recipe you will need:
  • a banana
  • 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup of oats
  • 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
  • 1 cup of water or milk

Instructions-

Mash half of the banana with a fork, then add oats, water, and chia seeds to a microwavable bowl. Mix together and microwave for 3-4 minutes. Mix in peanut butter and top oatmeal with slices from the other half of the banana. I added some mini chocolate chips to my oatmeal, but this step is optional. Personally, I believe anything tastes better with chocolate! :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment